It’s Time to Join!
Every November and December, we invite you to come join us to be a part of a dynamic organization that helps develop and maintain leaders from all disciplines within the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and beyond.
For more information, contact:
There are the two classes of membership:
- Active member. A professional (currently employed or retired) who has exhibited excellence in programming and leadership.
- Life Member. A retiree from Cooperative Extension who has paid an amount equal to five times the national annual dues at the time of purchase or makes installment payments over a 2-year period.
Epsilon Sigma Phi values and seeks a diverse membership representing Alabama’s land grant institutions. The membership of Epsilon Sigma Phi shall consist of duly installed faculty and Administrative and Professional personnel who have done the following:
- Held full- or part-time Extension appointments
- Successfully completed the required probationary period per their respective appointment on June 1 of the previous year
- Displayed a cooperative and helpful attitude toward fellow Extension employees
- Demonstrated competency in assigned fields of responsibility
- Exhibited ability in educational techniques essential to the conduct of an effective Extension program
Benefits of Epsilon Sigma Phi Membership:
- Scholarships for individual professional development opportunities including advanced degrees
- Professional development grants for chapters
- Chapter and national recognition programs for member individuals and teams
- National Conference provides an opportunity to give peer reviewed scholarly presentations
- Involvement in public issues and activities
- ESP Connection newsletter and ESP Communiqué provide communication with members
- Numerous and varied professional development opportunities
- Chapter and national leadership opportunities
- Network of Extension professionals united across disciplines and program areas
- Mentoring opportunities
- Chapter officer/member training support
- Involvement in Global and International Opportunities
- Partnerships with Joint Council of Extension Professionals and National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA)–USDA